A Vision of 21st Century Teachers
- How are teachers being supported by the school to develop their tech competency? (Not just in record keeping and administrative stuff).
- Are teachers aware of the various ways of using Google Apps, Utube, Flickr, etc.?
- Are teachers being trained to utilize these tech tools and being supported by the administration? (ie. blogs and/or wikis are not complicated - students can be often be the "source" of the training )
- Is technology deemed not part of the curriculum? (ie. instead of being viewed as a tool, is it perceived to be another "subject" ?)
- Are teachers finding resources and sharing with others?
- What about the elephant in the room, on-line learning and/or supplementation. Won't this make customization and differentiation a more realistic goal?
How can we help teachers do MORE with technology as a tool?